Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Lord is My Light

We sang this song at church today and I felt I needed to share it. I love this song. I hope it can bring you the same peace it gives me. 

The Lord Is My Light

Resolutely

1. The Lord is my light; then why should I fear?

By day and by night his presence is near.

He is my salvation from sorrow and sin;

This blessed assurance the Spirit doth bring.

[Chorus]

The Lord is my light;

He is my joy and my song.

By day and by night he leads,

He leads me along.

2. The Lord is my light; tho clouds may arise,

Faith, stronger than sight, looks up thru the skies

Where Jesus forever in glory doth reign.

Then how can I ever in darkness remain?

3. The Lord is my light; the Lord is my strength.

I know in his might I’ll conquer at length.

My weakness in mercy he covers with pow’r,

And, walking by faith, I am blest ev’ry hour.

4. The Lord is my light, my all and in all.

There is in his sight no darkness at all.

He is my Redeemer, my Savior, and King.

With Saints and with angels his praises I’ll sing.

Text: James Nicholson, 1828–1876

Music: John R. Sweney, 1837–1899


   Psalm 27:1
 


   Isaiah 12:2

 (The Lord Is My Light)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the sharing. It has been one of my favorite song since my youth. The other 2 are "the Lord is my Shepherd" and "Prayer is the soul's sincere desire". ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very beautiful Hymn I so love it with all my heart :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking a moment to comment. If you enjoy what you found here please take a moment to subscribe and share. Have an amazing day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...